Baking Soda Blast Media
Same Sodium Bicarbonate, but different!
ESCA has been involved with soda blasting since its inception back in the1980’s. Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) is classified as a soft abrasive and was originally used during the restoration of the Statue of Liberty. The soda formulas we carry are engineered and processed specifically for soda blasting, ensuring an even and consistent flow throughout a project. Do not try to soda blast with what we put in our recipes or refrigerators! It won’t work…..
Non-Destructive Blast Media
Soda blasting yields great results because the soda crystal is soft but sharp. When the crystal hits the surface it explodes. This shattering effect enables the baking soda to remove tough coatings, paints, and heavy duty grease and soil conditions from all types of materials and substrates without creating any profiling or texturing. Soda does not generate heat or inflict any damage on soft metals, polished stone, rubber trim, glass, etc. Due to soda being water soluble, it also prevents “embedment” damage that traditional sandblasting methods can cause.
ESCA: Your turn-key supplier!
We can support your project from start to finish. We stock virtually all of the major soda blasting formulas available today. We rent and sell soda blasting equipment, can ship all required supplies nationwide, and provide additional technical expertise on demand. Let our experience help you make the right choice!
Baking Soda – Size
Many soda formulas exist today with various features and benefits. Some have flow aids, some offer greater productivity – others can perform microscopic, precise cleaning tasks. The below table summarizes the key differences amongst the most popular grades. Upon review, if you still are not sure of what to do, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your project. Let our experience help you make the right choice.
- Shelf Life: 1+ year when stored indoors
- Use clean and dry compressed air supply to avoid flow and clumping issues
- Non-sparking – no heat generated while blasting
- Non-Hazardous / Non-Toxic
- A-1 cleaner classification – suitable for use in FDA and USDA regulated facilities
- No solvents or caustic ingredients – simplifies and reduces waste disposal costs
- Not “landscape-safe” – must protect surrounding greenery or pre-water root system (this is not difficult — call us to discuss further)
- Paint removal from Corvettes, boat bottoms, fiberglass, carbon fiber
- Marine, car and truck paint removal
- Surface Rust and Oxidation removal
- Disaster Recovery projects
- Fire, Soot, and Smoke damage restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Parts Cleaning
- Food processing plant cleanups
- Building Restoration and Façade cleaning
- Graffiti Removal
- Non-destructive Testing Prep/weld inspections
- Industrial Maintenance
- Degreasing parts
- Gum Removal
- Fountain and Pool Restoration
- Mix and Match skids available at no extra charge
- Packaging: 50 lb bags
- Full Skid: (50) bags
- No minimum order: Hatfield, PA and Grand Rapids, MI locations
- Full Pallet Orders Only: Charlotte, NC
- Logistics: We can deliver to virtually any location, including construction sites, residential addresses, military complexes, nearby terminals. Need rush service, lift gate, call ahead, or appt? No problem!
- All Major credit cards accepted
- Ready to Order? Call us now
|FORMULA||Super Fine (Anilox/Composite)||Maintenance, Flow M||Maintenance XL, Flow XL, Hydroflex XL||Profile XL with SupraKleen||Natrium 150||Natrium 260||Natrium 300|
|COLOR||White||White||White||White & Black||White||White||White|
|SILICA CONTENT||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%|
All “Flow ” formulas contain extra moisture barrier technology / “flow aids” to combat high humidity site conditions and/or moisture-prone air supply