Eco & Operator-Friendly Blast Media
Non-hazardous, non-toxic, completely inert and safe to use around water and all types of environment. The dust is classified by OSHA/NIOSH as only “nuisance” dust because it contains less than 1% free silica. JetMag does not contain any of the OSHA identified heavy/toxic metals associated with slags and other mineral abrasives like Black Beauty.
This media is brown in color and (depending on your project containment requirements) can sometimes be left behind as it easily blends in with dirt and grass. In fact, it’s a preferred packing material (grout) for geothermal pumps because it’s completely safe for the environment.
Custom profiles with less waste
JetMag’s variety of grades give you the ability to achieve whatever profile you need. This engineered abrasive is manufactured and screened to very tight tolerances, eliminating a lot of excess fine and out-of-range large particles from its packaging. This means your equipment’s media valve can stay in a more closed position so you run more efficiently, use less product, and generate less waste.
JETMAG: An Engineered, High Quality, Military-Grade Abrasive
JetMag blast media is a silica-free and heavy metal-free direct replacement for silica sand, coal and copper slag, Black Beauty, Star Blast and natural olivine. It meets or exceeds the following standards:
- SSPC AB1 – Society for Protective Coatings
- MIL-A-22262B(SH) – US NAVY
- Low dusting requirement of California Air Resources Board (California Code of Regulation, Title 17, section 92530)
COPPER SLAG | JETMAG | GARNET
More Blast for your Buck! JETMAG Volume greater than others!
It’s less dense than other comparable abrasives, which means you get a higher volume of material for a given weight. JETMAG blast media lasts longer – which makes it more economical than denser abrasives and requires less refills to complete a project:
- 34% more product than with Iron Silicate
- 46% more product than with Garnet
55LBS GARNET | 55LBS JETMAG
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, equipment and application recommendations
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic and inert
- Silica and heavy metal-free abrasive
- Shelf Life: Unlimited when stored indoors
- Can perform vapor / “dustless” or dry blasting
- Recyclable up to 4-6x
- Paint and rust removal
- New and Structural steel prep; mill scale removal
- Wood restoration
- Industrial Maintenance projects
- Oil & Gas Terminals, Petroleum refining, Pipelines
- Energy generation and transmission
- Construction and infrastructure
- Shipbuilding, maintenance, and repairs
- Metal fabrication
- Water & wastewater treatment
- Water Jetting
- Ultra High-Pressure equipment
- Hard Stone building facades, masonry, and brick restoration (testing required!)
- Monument and Statue Restoration work
- UHP (Ultra High Pressure) Equipment
- Water Jet / Waterjet / Aquajet Cutting Equipment
- Dry Sand Blast pot
- Vapor / Dustless Blaster
- Blast Cabinet / “Glove Box”
- Air Dryer (for dry blasting)
- Air Compressor
- PPE: earplugs, face mask, gloves, Blast Suit, Air Fed Helmet Respirator, PAPR for confined spaces.
- Packaging: 55 lb bags
- Full Skid: (50) bags or 2750+ lbs
- Supersacks: 3080 lbs
- No minimum order at any of our locations: Hatfield, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC
- Mix and Match skids of different grades OR medias available at no extra charge
- Logistics: We can deliver to virtually any location, including construction sites, residential addresses, military complexes, nearby terminals.
- Need rush service, lift gate, call ahead, or appt? No problem!
- All Major credit cards accepted
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, scheduling, application recommendations
- Ready to Order? Contact us now!
|X-Coarse||Coarse||Medium Coarse||Medium||Medium Fine|
|FORMULA||Synthetic Olivine||Synthetic Olivine||Synthetic Olivine||Synthetic Olivine||Synthetic Olivine|
|FREE SILICA CONTENT||Less than 1%||Less than 1%||Less than 1%||Less than 1%||Less than 1%|