Media – Calcium Carbonate
What is it?
We import Calcium Carbonate from Italy – it is mined in one of the purest limestone quarries in the Dolomite Region outside of Venice. Calcium Carbonate is the preferred media for many granite, marble, masonry and limestone-based cleaning or restoration projects in Europe and is now available here in the States. Calcium Carbonate’s chemical structure is identical to these types of building materials, making it completely compatible with these substrates. Calcium Carbonate does not contain any salts, eliminating any risk of efflorescence, and is classified as a soft media, so will not harm even the most delicate surfaces. Calcium Carbonate granules are rounded, allowing it to perform very delicate cleaning operations without risk of damage occurring.
|Z-5 70 Mesh||2.9||Z5||For cleaning stone and brick and lithotypes in general.|
|Z-6 130 Mesh||2.9||Z6||For cleaning stone and especially delicate old brick on monumental works defaced by soot, black crusts, carbonizations in general, air-borne particles and saline efflorescence.|
- Packaged in 55 lb bags
- Imported directly from Italy; pure “crushed limestone”; consistent mesh size; flows well
- Contains no salts – great for all types of soft stone, including marble, masonry, limestone, sandstone, brick
- pH 9; NOT water soluble; Landscape-SAFE
- Full skid contains (40) 55 lb bags (2,200 lbs)
- FOB Hatfield, PA (Philadelphia Area) – Please visit shipping rates for more information.