PERFECT FOR STEEL & SOFT METALS
Glass Bead blast media is a proven surface preparation media – it’s been used for decades to remove different types of surface imperfections. Glass Bead is made from virgin glass stock – it’s much different than crushed recycled bottle glass. Glass Bead provides a uniform, controlled surface finish that will prevent metal corrosion. Common uses for Glass Bead include cleaning, peening, deburring and finishing various types of metals.
It’s especially effective on stainless steel and soft metals such as aluminum. The round shape of the beads allows for the media to bounce off the surface (compared to other sharp and angular medias which easily create profiles on a surface). If needed, you can maintain a smooth surface because of this. When applied at the appropriate pressure, Glass Bead blast media can be recycled several times.
Using it in a blast room?
Be careful – the round shape also means its very slippery for operators to walk on.
- Scheduling, and application recommendations
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, application recommendations
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic and inert
- If Dry Blasting, dust is translucent – significantly improving visibility and productivity when compared to using traditional hard abrasives like coal slag or silica sand
- Shelf Life: Unlimited when stored indoors
- No solvents or caustic ingredients – simplifies and reduces waste disposal costs
- Can perform wet/ “dustless” or dry cleaning
- Interior or Exterior projects
- Clean various metals
- Aerospace parts
- Medical devices
- High performance racing parts
- Stainless Steel weld burn removal
- Road markings additive
- Packaging: 55 lb bags
- Full Skid: (40) bags or 2200+ lbs
- No minimum order at any of our locations: Hatfield, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC
- Mix and Match skids of different grades OR medias available at no extra charge
- Logistics: We can deliver to virtually any location, including construction sites, residential addresses, military complexes, nearby terminals.
- Need rush service, lift gate, call ahead, or appt? No problem!
- All Major credit cards accepted
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, scheduling, application recommendations
- Ready to Order? Contact us now!
|BEAD SIZE RANGE||0.0059-0.0035||0.0098-0.0070||0.0083-0.0059||0.0117-0.0083|
|MIL. SPECIFICATION||No. 6||No. 7||No. 8||No. 10|
|FREE SILICA CONTENT||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%||< 1%|