Same Sodium Bicarbonate, but different!
ESCA has been involved with soda blasting since its inception back in the 1980’s. Baking Soda Blast Media (Sodium Bicarbonate) is classified as a soft abrasive and was originally used during the restoration of the Statue of Liberty. The baking soda formulas we carry are engineered and processed specifically for soda blasting, ensuring an even and consistent flow throughout a project. Do not try to soda blast with what we put in our recipes or refrigerators! It won’t work.
Non-Destructive blast media
Baking Soda Blast Media yields great results because the soda crystal is soft but sharp. When the crystal hits the surface, it explodes. This shattering effect enables the baking soda to remove tough coatings, paints and heavy-duty grease & soil conditions from all types of materials and substrates without creating any profiling or texturing. The Baking Soda does not generate heat or inflict any damage on soft metals, polished stone, rubber trim, glass, etc. Due to baking soda being water-soluble, it also prevents embedment damage that traditional sandblasting methods can cause.
ESCA = Your Turn-Key Supplier!
We can support your project from start to finish. We stock virtually all of the major soda blasting formulas available today. We rent & sell soda blasting equipment, can ship nationwide and can provide additional technical expertise on demand. Let our experience help you make the right choice!
- Paint Removal from Corvettes, Boat Bottoms, Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber
- Marine, Car and Truck Paint Removal
- Surface Rust and Oxidation Removal
- Disaster Recovery Projects
- Fire, Soot, and Smoke Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Parts Cleaning
- Food Processing Plant Cleanups
- Building Restoration and Facade Cleaning
- Graffiti Removal
- Non-destructive Testing Prep/Weld Inspections
- Industrial Maintenance
- Degreasing Parts
- Gum Removal
- Fountain and Pool Restoration
- Wood Cleaning and Restoration
- Packaging: 50 lb bags
- Full Skid: (50) bags or 2500+ lbs
- No minimum order at any of our locations: Hatfield, PA; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC
- Mix and Match skids of different grades OR medias available at no extra charge
- Logistics: We can deliver to virtually any location, including construction sites, residential addresses, military complexes, nearby terminals.
- Need rush service, lift gate, call ahead, or appt? No problem!
- All Major credit cards accepted
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, scheduling, application recommendations
- Ready to Order? Contact us now!
- Shelf Life: 1+ year when stored indoors
- Use clean and dry air supply to avoid flow and clumping issues
- Non-sparking – No heat generated while blasting
- Non-Hazardous / Non-Toxic
- A-1 cleaner classification – Suitable for use in FDA and USDA regulated facilities
- No solvents or caustic ingredients – Simplifies and reduces waste disposal costs
- Not “landscape-safe” – Must protect surrounding greenery or pre-water root system (contact us to discuss further)