CALCIUM CARBONATE BLAST MEDIA
No salts, gentle, compatible media
This product is also known as Crushed Limestone and classified as a soft media. We usually recommend using this media for stone and masonry cleaning and restoration projects. Because Calcium Carbonate contains no salts, it won’t trigger or cause any type of efflorescence reaction. It’s the best choice for building materials like granite, marble, masonry, brick, and limestone, as its chemical structure is identical to them, making it completely compatible with these substrates.
Many ESCA-supplied projects have used Calcium Carbonate for sandblasting successfully – its soft nature won’t harm delicate surfaces and will remove most soiling conditions such as carbon deposits, atmospheric pollution, and soot. It is totally landscape and operator-safe, rinses away very easily, and has a proven track record. We consider this media “architect-approved”! Its recognized by many historic preservation professionals and conservators as a way to perform “do no harm” cleaning in a safe and consistent manner. Want to specify this method on your next project? We can help – contact us to request a mock-up, test patch, and/or our cleaning specification template.
ESCA: Your Turn-key supplier !
We can support your media blasting project from start to finish. We rent and sell microabrasion equipment, can ship all required supplies nationwide, and provide additional technical expertise on demand. Let our experience help guide you through the entire cleaning process – we have supplied many high profile projects, including the Rodin Museum, Daughters of the American Revolution HQ Building, Monticello, Gettysburg, High Bridge Park, and many, many more!
- Free Project Support: Consumption and production rates, scheduling, application recommendations
- Chemical Formula: CaCO3
- Shelf Life: 1+ year when stored indoors
- Non-sparking – no heat generated while cleaning
- Non-Hazardous / Non-Toxic
- No solvents or caustic ingredients – simplifies and reduces waste disposal costs
- Can perform wet/ “dustless” or dry cleaning
- Interior or Exterior projects
- Granite cleaning
- Marble cleaning
- Masonry, Brick, Precast, Cinder Block cleaning
- Limestone cleaning
- Monument, Tombstone, and Statue cleaning
- Soot, Black Crust, Carbonization removal
- Efflorescence and Saline deposits removal
- Graffiti Removal
- Packaging: 50 lb bags
- Full Skid: (40) bags or 2,000 lbs
- No minimum order: Hatfield, PA and Grand Rapids, MI locations
- Logistics: We can deliver to virtually any location, including construction sites, residential addresses, military complexes, cemeteries, nearby terminals. Need rush service, lift gate, call ahead, or appt? No problem!
- All Major credit cards accepted
- Ready to Order? Call us now